Sunday, October 21, 2007

How to mend a broken heart?

She called me to have lunch together. She didnt plan to tell me through the phone but I guess she couldnt hold it back so she said it out. She just broke up with her boyfriend not long ago.

As we ate at the crowded and busy restaurant, she kept talking about her ex... This is like the heartbroken sympton. Must talk about the ex non-stop because she still misses him. then, she told me the conversation between her father and her.

This part is fascinating to me. I dont think I ever have such 'deep' conversation with my dad. I think my relationship with my dad is very ... off-hand. Sometimes, I even call him 'boss' and it seems appropriate. Her father is so cool le...

Anyways... I guess due to the exposure we get nowadays, we are actually mentally-prepared for symptons and remedies of heartbreak but our emotion preparation is not enough. She knows the pain will go away after a few months. To care so much about someone and then to lose him, it is hard to erase all the feelings. It surfaces every now and then. The people around her can only tell her to let it fade with time.

What am I supposed to say to her? I will be saying the exact same thing like what other friends told her. So... I told her

Fortunately you dont find me when you are extremely down... Fortunately you only find me after one month...

Hehe... make me sounds like I am so unsympathetic of her. So not-a-friend attitude. Just kidding her la...'Kek' her a bit. Make her laugh... Hey! Laughter is the best medicine

Btw, time is the best remedy for broken heart.

1 comment:

lynn-w said...

i've been heartbroken too! it took me a long time...and time do mend the heart!

disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/
 

ss_blog_claim=ab610b6414441dc84841b7624da8ba17 ss_blog_claim=ab610b6414441dc84841b7624da8ba17