Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boost of confidence

Just told Joanna about the tv show that I have been watching recently. I didn’t mean to specifically watch it but I just happen to switch to that channel and watch it every week. It is almost like the time when I also can automatically switch to HBO to watch Sex and the City without remembering the time each week. Not very sure if you actually can understand what do I mean but anyways….

The show that I watch each week is about plastic surgery. My first impression of plastic surgery…which is way in the past…is that it is a procedure that women do to become more beautiful. But actually, plastic surgery is more than that. It is to help those who have problem or difficulty with their physical self, for example, disfigured face or body etc. I remember writing a research essay on the pros and cons of plastic surgery for my foundation course. I found this to be very interesting.

What is so interesting? For me… what motivate me the most to not to get too fat till I will probably need to get a ‘gastric bypass’ in order to lose weight. The prospect of losing weight is nice but the loose skin is the downside. Because of the loss of fats, the skin becomes loose and hanging at the arms, thighs and abdomen. In order to solve this, patient will have to go through procedures like tummy tuck, thigh lift, arm lift and etc. But these procedures will also leave permanent scar. Nevertheless, it helps the patient to become more mobile (because of the loss of excess skin) and more confident. If I get too fat and then lose all the weight with all the excess skin, scar will not stop me from becoming more normal. So what?

Perhaps I should opt for liposuction to lose some weight. I am suddenly reminded of the scene in Nip/Tuck where the surgeon is doing liposuction on his fiancĂ© who is already very skinny. Anyways, I think this procedure is a quick way to lose fat. This reminds me (again) of the liposuction done by a lady who has a medical condition which causes her to have a hump of fat on her back. Because of liposuction, she is able to wear strapless shirt and look confident in it. So, liposuction isn’t that bad after all.

Oh! I also told Joanna the many methods to do breast augmentation. Never know that there are so many different ways to do it. The procedure on how to do it depends on different factors such as the patient’s preference and the suitable procedure for the patient’s body condition.

Can’t get into too much of the details ‘cause I am not a qualified person to tell… Plastic surgery…. Might be the option to go for when I am not happy with my body.

No comments:

disclosure

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me.

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/
 

ss_blog_claim=ab610b6414441dc84841b7624da8ba17 ss_blog_claim=ab610b6414441dc84841b7624da8ba17